In an effort to adhere to the new Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law Requirement, all volunteers must obtain background check clearances prior to volunteering for iRun4Life. These clearances are good for 5 years.
The primary objective of the Background Check Screening Policy is to protect all the children who participate in our running programs. A secondary goal is to protect our parents and all volunteers who help make iRun4Life a success.
If you already have your background checks completed, please upload your forms to the Link Box on the right.
If you need to submit for your background checks, please follow the Instructions below.
Instructions for Background Check Screening
A. PA State Police Criminal Background Check (http://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp)
1. Click 'New Record Check' (Volunteers Only)
2. Page down, check the Acknowledgment box, then click 'Accept'
3. Fill out the personal information page – (Volunteer Organization Name: iRun4Life)
4. Personal Information Review - Click 'Next' then 'Proceed'
5. Fill out Record Check Request form and click 'Enter this Request' then 'Finished'
6. Record Check Request Review page – click 'Submit'
7. When you receive your results via email, save the file on your hard drive. Then upload the file in the Link Box on the right.
B. PA Child Abuse History Certification (www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home)
1. Click 'Create Individual Account'
2. On Welcome page Click 'Next'
3. 'Create Keystone ID: Profile Information – create a Keystone ID password and fill out form. Then click 'Finish'
4. Check your email for your Temporary Password. Copy this password. Then re-login the website, but click on "Individual Login".
5. Click 'Access my Clearances' – go to bottom and click 'Continue'
6. Enter your Keystone ID (the one you created) and paste your temporary password they sent you. Click 'Login'
7. Create your own password and click 'Submit'
8. Close window and re-login using your NEW password
9. Click 'Agree to Terms and Conditions' then 'Next'
10. Scroll to bottom of page, click 'Continue'
11. Click 'Create Clearance Application'
12. Click 'Begin'
13. Click "Volunteer Having Contact with Children', Volunteer Category: 'Other', Agency Name: 'iRun4Life', Click 'Next'
14. Fill out Personal Info
15. Fill out Address Info
16. Fill out Previous Addresses
17. Fill out Household Members
18. Check info, Click 'Next'
19. Enter signature, then 'Next'
20. Application payment – 'No'
21. Submit application
22. When you receive your results via email, save the file on your hard drive. Then upload the file in the Link Box on the right.
C. Affidavit or FBI Criminal Background check
1. Sign the Volunteer Affidavit Disclosure Statement (if you have lived in PA for 10+ continuous years), ( link to PDF below ) then upload the file to the Link Box on the right.
2. FBI Fingerprint Based Check (if you have lived in PA for less than 10 years) (www.pa.cogentid.com//index_dpw.htm.)
Go to Registration Procedures and follow the instructions. There is a $25.75 fee for this clearance.
When you receive your clearance, please upload the file to the Link Box on the right.